Cove and COVID
Cove Property Management on the COVID Pandemic
At Cove Property Management, our highest priorities during the COVID-19 pandemic have focused on the care and concern of our residents and teams, maintaining a strong sense of community, and providing necessary support for those who need it. Our initiatives during the pandemic have greatly assisted our valued residents and communities during these challenging times.
Since COVID-19 became a serious threat, we have taken swift action to ensure the health and safety of our residents and teams. A committee of Cove executives have met daily to closely monitor the impact of COVID-19 on all aspects of the communities we serve. We are following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization and local governments. Additionally, Cove has implemented temporary policies for resident events, hospitality, increased cleaning in common areas and office areas, and social distancing to prevent additional risk. We continue to adapt and adjust our guidelines to maintain the highest level of safety, which include:
- Virtual Tours: Conducting virtual tours with prospective residents to limit the number of people entering our communities. Offering touchless or no contact tours to allow in-person visits to the community without potential exposure.
- Amenities and Common Spaces: Keeping our amenity spaces and common spaces closed in areas where social distancing is not feasible including: canceling in-person events, closing our clubhouse to visitors, and ensuring that residents and team members are in a position to safely social distance.
- Leasing Office Hours: We have requested residents to contact the property management teams via phone, email or resident portal and to refrain from visiting the office in order to minimize in-person interactions.
- Rental Assistance Programs: Offering residents financial relief with repayment plans, waived late fees, on time rent payment discounts and incentives, online payments at no cost to our residents and flexibility with extended lease options.
- Maintenance Service: Focusing our maintenance teams on essential tasks in order to limit interpersonal exposure and providing them with enhanced personal protective equipment.
Our leadership teams have worked diligently to maintain a sense of normalcy at all communities during the COVID-19 pandemic and customer service remains a core focus even during these difficult times. To quickly adapt in this ever-changing environment, we continue to think proactively to anticipate the future needs of our residents.
During this crisis, we are honored that our residents have chosen our communities as their home and remain resolute in our commitment to provide the best possible living environment, despite the ongoing circumstances. In the meantime, we will continue to do all that we can to support our residents, team members, and our communities.
Stephen Margerum, ARM®, CPM®
I have had an exceptional experience working with the Somerset at Towson staff. Not only were they professional and well spoken, but I also felt that the experience was tailored to me and individualized. Considering this was my first apartment, I had several questions. They were patient and understanding; I could not have asked for a more enjoyable experience.
As a tenant for 2 years, I have been more than pleased with Somerset At Towson. I was drawn to the spacious apartments, the amenities, location and community living that Somerset had to offer. The location is perfect for me and close to 695 making it easy to commute just about anywhere! The rooms of the apartments are among the largest I've encountered.
The staff here is professional, friendly, and have always made me feel as though they took my best interests into consideration. The team here is very proactive in addressing the needs of their residents effectively rather than taking the easy approach... Maintenance here is prompt in servicing the apartment and highly skilled and I've never had to wait longer than a day for service.
This complex has pretty much set a new standard with me for apartment living!- Amanda
I appreciate the great customer service provided over the past year. If not for Edith, I would've never moved in. Edith took the time to show me around the property, and totally sold me on how happy she was there. Her great attitude and patient demeanor helped calm my nerves, as I was totally new to Maryland. I immediately felt comfortable and certain about my decision to sign the lease and move in.- Lana
I've lived in multiple apartments in Towson over the past five years and I can honestly say my experience during the two years at Somerset at Towson was my best. The staff were always respectful and helpful, and maintenance was timely in responding to requests. Based on my experience, I have already recommended this apartment complex to friends.- anonymous